Submit a Supplier Profile
We welcome all who wish to register your company's profile.
Diversity Supplier FAQs
Where do I begin in becoming a diverse supplier to Lear Corporation?
The first step is to Submit a Supplier Profile into our database.
What does Lear require of all its suppliers?
- Excellence in quality - drive towards zero defects
- Competitive costs - culture of continuous improvement
- Innovative products & services - dynamic design flexibility
- On-time delivery
- Proper certifications (ISO/TS 16949 or ISO 9001 for production suppliers)
- Financial stability and scale
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Partnering approach and timely communication
- Compliance with Lear contract terms and conditions
The business must be 51% owned, operated and controlled by a minority, woman or U.S. military veteran(s) with U.S. citizenship or legal residency and ability to transact business.
The business must be certified, maintained and updated on an annual basis as a minority- or woman-owned business by one of the following certifying organizations and physically be located in the USA or Canada:
For the USA
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or a regional office
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- The U.S. government’s Small Business Administration
- Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council
Why use your registration tool instead of contacting the buyer or someone in the Supplier Diversity office?
Our survey tool was designed by buyers and asks all of the necessary questions in order to determine if there may be a matching opportunity for your company. While your firm may be capable, there may be contractual obligations, budget, strategic or other reasons that may postpone bidding opportunities at the current time.
What happens to my new supplier registration survey once I submit it?
Completed profiles go to the Supplier Diversity office. The information is reviewed and checked for completeness. Based on the information provided, your company then begins the Diverse Supplier Qualification process.
When should I expect a response?
You will receive an e-mail acknowledgement with 3-5 business days. Due to various factors, including how complete your profile is and our current needs, we cannot state a definitive timeframe but will make every effort to respond to strong potential candidates in a timely manner.