At Lear, the health and safety of our employees is our highest priority.
With the COVID-19 situation constantly evolving and all of us dealing with an unprecedented reality, it has never been more critical to keep you informed of the decisive actions we are taking throughout our worldwide operations, and in the communities where we live and work, to promote well-being and prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Lear’s global management team meets every day with the objective of overcoming this very challenging situation – region by region, location by location.
Over the last month, we have implemented several measures, including:
- Requiring office and administrative staff to work from home
- Eliminating domestic and international travel until further notice
- Prohibiting visitors to Lear facilities
- Installing additional hand sanitizer dispensers and more frequently cleaning often-touched surfaces and common areas
- Managing shift changes and staggering lunch breaks to thoroughly disinfect common areas and promote social distancing
- Placing signage throughout buildings to remind employees of proper preventative measures
- Providing employees with information and training regarding personal hygiene and self-health assessments
- Requesting employees to self-quarantine for 14 days if COVID-19 symptoms are present, they are directly exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case, or if a test shows positive results
- Temporarily closing facilities with confirmed COVID-19 cases for deep cleaning and disinfection
- Limiting the number of participants at in-person meetings and practicing proper social distancing of 2 meters
- Adhering to the guidelines provided by the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as all orders and directives regarding business operations issued by Federal, State and local authorities
Our hearts go out to anyone who may be affected by the coronavirus, especially our employees and their families; we are wishing them good health and strength.
I am inspired every day by the actions of our people, working around the clock to help our company in a time no one imagined we would encounter during our lives.
Please take care of yourself, family and friends. With teamwork, determination and optimism, we will overcome this.
President, Chief Executive Officer and Director