Eagle Ottawa Thailand Receives Thailand Zero Accident Award 2018
On June 29th, Mr. Jarin Chakkaphark (Permanent Secretary – Ministry of Labour of Thailand) presented the "Thailand Zero Accident Award 2018" award from the Thailand Institute of Occupational Safety and Health to Eagle Ottawa (EO) Thailand for having operated without accident for more than 7 million working hours.
Receiving the "Zero Accident award" marks a milestone regarding world-class safety in manufacturing in the future and present to receive the honor on behalf of EO Thailand was Nuttaphong Chaowanothai (Plant Manager) who led the team of Natthapong Sukkuea (EHS Supervisor), Natdaporn Khotpromsri (Environment Officer) and all the plant's safety committee to record this achievement. Also attending to celebrate the honor were Somchai Yingsom (EHS ASEAN Manager); and Piyawan Ruangsakorn (HR Manager);
EO Thailand has implemented many Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) activities and programs that comply with the Thai government's requirements, including:
- In February 2018, Thailand's Institute of Occupational Safety and Health invited all entrepreneurs to join the Zero Accident Campaign through its official website.
- In March 2018, Natthapong Sukkuea received all necessary criteria for this campaign and did a gap analysis.
- In April 2018, he directed team meetings to prepare all related documents, worked with the Thai Social Security Office.
- In May 2018, he further consolidated all data to demonstrate the plant's good safety management with no accidents inside the plant and then submitted the document to the Thailand Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.
- In June 2018, the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health announced that EO Thailand passed all criteria and awarded the trophy.
The Zero Accident Campaign requires that the accident statistics record must be zero and must be confirmed by the Social Security Office. Furthermore, the organization must demonstrate good management in term of occupational health and safety.
Posted on 6/29/2018